CITES Security Laptop clinics help improve the security and performance of your laptop, and also help improve the security of the campus network by making more machines secure. The laptop clinics are offered at no cost, and usually run from 10 am to 3 pm. Members of the University of Illinois community are also welcome to bring personal laptops to the laptop clinics. Services offered at laptop clinics include:
- Registering laptops with CITES Security to aid in the retrieval of lost or stolen laptops.
- Installing antivirus and antispyware software
- Updating system software
- Activating the laptop's firewall
- Updating browsers
- Installing PasswordVault
- Installing VPN Software
- Setting Up NetFiles (with network shortcut)
- Setting up CITES Spam Control
- Other general troubleshooting that individual laptops may require
To schedule a laptop clinic for your Department, contact the CITES Security Office. The general laptop clinics are offered periodically each semester. Scheduled dates are available online.
Standard Business Hours